The Ministry of Environment launched on May 23rd, 2019 the second edition of “Rabla pentru electrocasnice” Program, with a budget of RON 40 million. Citizen registrations began on May 24 and lasted until the next day, when funds were exhausted.
The 2019 edition of the “Rabla pentru electrocasnice” Program was launched on May 23rd at the RematHolding headquarters in Ariceștii Rahtivani (Prahova). The event was attended by Grațiela Gavrilescu, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Environment, Cornel Brezuică, President of the Environment Fund Administration, specialists within the Ministry of Environment and Environment Fund Administration, representatives of economic agents enrolled in the program and of companies dealing with waste recovery of electrical and electronic equipment.
“As we have promised since the launch of the first edition of the program, this year we are expanding it for two categories of equipment highly demanded by Romanians: dishwashers and TVs. In addition, the great success of the 2018 edition determined us to double the budget of the program, which this year is RON 40 million.”said Grațiela Gavrilescu.
Through the multi-annual national program “Rabla pentru electrocasnice”, Ministry of Environment aims to increase the collection of waste electrical and electronic equipment, as well as to stimulate the procurement of energy efficient appliances.
Vouchers for the purchase of new equipment will be granted as follows:
- RON 200 for washing machines with A++ energy efficiency;
- RON 300 for washing machines with A+++ energy efficiency;
- RON 300 for dishwashers with A++ energy efficiency;
- RON 400 for dishwashers with A+++ energy efficiency;
- RON 400 for fixed or portable air conditioners with A+++/ A++ cooling energy efficiency;
- RON 300 for refrigerators, refrigerated display cases, refrigerated boxes or freezers with A++ energy efficiency;
- RON 400 for refrigerators, refrigerated display cases, refrigerated boxes or freezers with A+++ energy efficiency;
- RON 200 for TVs with A and A+ energy efficiency;
- RON 400 for TVs with A++ and A+++ energy efficiency.
Registrations began on May 24th, this year, through the online application solicitant.afm.ro/PF, and a day later, on May 25th, they were stopped and the page displayed the message “The funds allocated for this session of the program have been exhausted”.
This year the application offers applicants the opportunity to change the information entered incorrectly by using the unique registration access code up to the time the grant agreement is signed. The system allows you now to change the energy efficiency of an equipment (only from a higher to a lower class) up to the time of use of the voucher, by changing the related amount.
Citizens benefit from the value of a voucher for the purchase of eligible electrical or electronic equipment in exchange for handing over a similar old appliance, except for the dishwashers that can be purchased in exchange for any other old appliance in the program (refrigerator, TV, air conditioning or washing machine). The delivery of the old equipment will be done at the address mentioned by the applicant, at the time of delivery of the new device.